With the launch of the 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander, Mitsubishi will enter in the 3rd generation of the popular SUV lineup that offers seven seats and is offered to the segment of the compact SUVs. The new 2014 model of the Outlander comes with a softer look, refined bodywork and sophisticated interior. The 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander is a good option for family cars that offer a very good and impressive cabin with reasonable cargo.
Exterior and Interior Attraction
- The 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander has a really impressive exterior that features aerodynamically efficient, 16 inch steel wheels or 18 inch alloy wheels, fog lights, a refined front fascia, heated side mirrors, power liftgate (optional), panoramic sunroof (optional) and the SUV measures a length, width, height, wheelbase and Curb weight of 183.3 inch, 70.9 inch, 66.1 inch, 105.1 inch and 3571 lbs respectively.
- The 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander will come in three trim levels, the ES, SE and GT. The interior features vary with the variation of trim levels. The ES model comes standard with full power accessories, cruise control, automatic climate control, six speaker sound system with CD player, keyless entry, tilt and telescoping steering wheel, 60/40 split folding rear seat and moving up to the models you will find a long list of standard and advanced features like rearview camera, 6 or 7 inch touch screen, Bluetooth, leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob.
- The third row seat is optional that then reduce the 34.2 cubic feet cargo to 10.3 cubic feet cargo space.
Powertrain and Performance
- The 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander offers two Powertrain choices. The base model employs a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder engine produces 166 horsepower and 162 lb ft of torque with an EPA rated fuel economy 25 mpg city and 31 mpg highway FWD and 24 mpg city and 29 mpg highway AWD. The engine is mated with a Continuously Variable Transmission.
- The 3.0 liter V6 engine produces 224 horsepower and 214 lb ft of torque with an EPA rated fuel economy 20 mpg city and 28 mpg highway at All Wheel Drive version. The engine is mated with a six speed automatic transmission. The engine can push the car from 0-60 mph in 6.8 seconds. Mitsubishi is offering a new ECO mode driving option that is driver activated to ensure extra fuel efficiency.
- The list of safety features of the 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander includes Lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, forward collision alert, ABS, a total of seven airbags including front, side, full length side curtain and driver’s knee airbags, four wheel anti lock disc brakes and electronic stability control.
Pricing and Availability
- The new 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander will go on sale in the summer 2013 and will come with a starting price of $23,830 to $28,620 for base models.
- The 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander will take on some tough rivals like Ford Escape, Toyota RAV4, Hyundai Santa Fe, Honda SR-V and Kia Sorento. Among its rivals, Kia Sorento and Hyundai Santa Fe are offering seven seats but the Outlander has an ability to deliver high fuel efficiency in the comparison with its rivals.
- Impressive fuel efficiency that is 25 mpg city
- Usable third row
- Versatile cargo space
- Spacious and quiet cabin
- Looking like other Crossovers
- Optional Bluetooth
- CVT for 2.4 liter 4 cylinder engine
- For all those who are in need of a seven passenger cabin with impressive and extendable cargo, the 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander can be a good choice as in the comparison with its seven seats rivals it can offer you comparatively better riding experience and high fuel efficiency.