Lexus has always been known for the kind of luxury vehicles that they have launched for their consumers. However, Lexus has now decided to bring some diversity in the business profile that they have and therefore they are coming up with the 2014 Lexus IS sedan that will offer consumers with more choices.
The interesting thing about the new vehicle is that it will offer superior sporty performance to the car buyers apart from being a bit luxurious. Lexus has not provided more information about the car at the moment as they will reveal it at the 2013 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
- Lexus has decided to make some changes to the new 2014 Lexus IS sedan compared to the previous models. The company has improved the overall structure of the car and therefore the 2014 Lexus IS sedan has a stiffer body structure that offers better options. The double-wishbone front and multilink rear suspension still remain in the vehicle as they offer better features to the car buyers.
- The wheelbase is longer and marginally heavier that will improve the seating space but will also make the vehicle 90 pounds heavier than the previous model. Some of the exterior features will make the car more stable and safe on the roads and plus the overall structure is tweaked to make it more aerodynamic.
- Lexus has not been clearly open about the engines that will go into the 2014 Lexus IS sedan but they have said that the IS 250 will have 2.5 liter V6 engine that will have the ability to generate 200 horsepower and will be combined with six speed automatic transmission. While the IS 350 will have 3.5 liter V6 engine that can produce 300 horsepower and will be combined with Aisin-built eight speed automatic transmission.
- The company has not provided with any information yet on the fuel economy of the vehicle as they will reveal it later at the Detroit Auto Show 2013.
- Lexus is well known for the kind of luxurious interiors that it offers to car buyers but they have decided to go with a bit sporty looks for both the IS sedans that will be launched at the North American International Auto Show.
- It will have the multimode thin film display that will offer drivers to get better comfort and options while driving on the roads.
- Lexus has so far not quoted the MSRP for this sedan.