The 2013 Seat Leon is built on the underpinnings of the Volkswagen Golf that will help the Spanish brand to restore its lost reputation, Charma and attraction. The new version is 99 kg lighter then its previous models that is making it a good, attractive and responsive car on the road. The car made its debut in September 2012 at the Paris Motor show and it is called the sister car of the Volkswagen Golf and Audi A3 because it shares 55% components with these models.
Exterior, Interior and Bodywork
The new 2013 Seat Leon is completely grown up and now it has a stretched wheelbase and wider track width, stylish triangular LED headlamps, distinctive rear end, 17 inch alloy wheels, LED taillights and now it is available in three door and five door hatchback body style. The car is available in usual trim levels that are S, SE and FR and this year you will find the base S level of the car in a versatile, impressive and superior quality. The front wheel drive 2013 Seat Leon measures a length, width, height and wheelbase of 167.8 inch, 71.5 inch, 57.4 and 103.8 inches respectively.
The interior of the new 2013 Seat Leon is also very charming and appealing and is offering good room for five adults and is a good choice for medium families. The materials used in the cabin are of high quality and are very soft and soothing. There is an integrated touch screen, air conditioning, multi way adjustable driver seat and leather trim elements.
Powertrains and Performance
The 2013 Seat Leon employs a range of powertrains making it versatile for customers to choose from. The five different powertrains includes
- 1.2 liter TSI turbo petrol that delivers 103bhp and 129 lb ft of torque that sprints out from 0-62 mph in 10.0 seconds at a top speed of 119 mph.
- The 1.4 liter TSI turbo petrol that delivers 138bhp and 184 lb ft of torque that sprints out from 0-62 mph in 8.2 seconds at a top speed of 131 mph.
- The 1.6 liter TDI diesel that delivers 103bhp and 184 lb ft of torque that sprints out from 0-62 mph in 10.7 seconds at a top speed of 119 mph.
- The 2.0 liter TDI 150 diesel that delivers 148bhp and 236 lb ft of torque that sprints out from 0-62 mph in 8.4 seconds at a top speed of 134 mph.
- The 2.0 liter TDI diesel that delivers 181bhp and 280 lb ft of torque that sprints out from 0-62 mph in 7.5 seconds at a top speed of 142 mph.
The 2013 Seat Leon offers six speed manual and a seven speed automatic transmission box and all the engines are able to deliver an average fuel economy from 47.1 mpg to 74.3 mpg.
The 2013 Seat Leon comes equipped with seven airbags, foglamps, lane assist, high beam assist, child safety, tire pressure monitoring and tiredness recognition system.
Pricing and Availability
The new 2013 Seat Leon will cost you something between £15,670 to £22,635 and is available in the market.
The key rivals of the new 2013 Seat Leon are Kia Ceed, Hyundai i30, Volkswagen Golf, Vauxhall Astra and Ford Focus.
- Good and comfortable interior
- Lots of engine options
- 1.6L TDI that is more powerful and fuel efficient
- 1.6L TDI is noisy
- Different shapes of air vents
- Back seats are not folding completely
The new 2013 Seat Leon is a good option for medium families who want to enjoy a comfortable ride in a car that is a blend of Spanish artwork and German engineering.